Hope ya’ll had a chance to check out last week’s Recipe Giveaway. I have a freezer full of ground beef and am looking for a few new recipes to spice up the diet. There were many great entries, check out the comments section of that post, and feel free to keep submitting your favorites.
Today’s ground beef recipe is budget-friendly, versatile, and full of flavor. Who ever said Beef, It’s What’s for Dinner, forgot about all the possibilities of breakfast, or even Brinner.
Carlye Lucey shared this Ground Beef Omelet recipe and its an easy fix. I love breakfast for supper and had everything in the cabinets, so it was an easy meal to fix. I love the fact that there’s a “mess-up” clause for the occasion things go wrong. My omelet flipping skills are a little raw, so I ended up having this as a skillet scramble topped with my favorite salsa. I saved half for breakfast the next morning, and its awesome as a breakfast burrito on the go.
Enjoy, try out this budget friendly beef recipe, and let me know what ya think in the comments below.
I give it 4 out of 5 stars for convenience, flavor, nutritional value, and cost. What about you?
GROUND BEEF OMELET
1/2 lb ground beef
1 medium-sized onion, diced
2 medium-sized tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup potatoes, diced
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 tablespoons cooking oil
1. Heat a frying pan and pour-in the cooking oil
2. When the oil is hot enough, sauté the onion, and tomatoes
3. Add the ground meat and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
4. Add salt and pepper then stir to distribute. Put-in the potatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Whisk the eggs then pour over the ground meat then use a spatula to distribute the meat and eggs evenly.
6. Cook each side for 3 minutes or until you see that the eggs are fully cooked. If you mess up the flipping, call it a frittata and plate that thing.
7. Turn off the heat and transfer to a serving plate.
8. Serve with hot sauce (Cholula is great with this) or ketchup.