- North Dakota is the No.1 U.S. producer of spring wheat, durum, barley, sun flowers, edible beans, pinto beans, flax seed, canola, and honey.
- State motto, Strength from the soil, appears on the state coat of arms and the governor’s flag.
- Every time you eat spaghetti chances are there is North Dakota durum in it
- North Dakota farms and ranches occupy more than 39 million acres, almost 90% of ND’s land area
- 24% of people are employed in Agriculture
- $4.1 billion Ag industry
- ND produces (% of US total) Dry edible beans (34%), Navy beans (38%), Pinto beans (56%), Canola (90%), Flax Seed (95%), Lentils (44%), Spring Wheat (50%), Durum wheat (56%), Barley (35%), Sunflowers (43%), Honey (24%)
- 30,000 family farms and ranches