- Ohio is the No.1 producer of Swiss cheese and home to the world’s largest yogurt plant in Minster.
- Ohio ranks No.2 nationally in egg production, and No.3 in tomato production (home to the world’s largest ketchup plant in Fremont)
- The Slow Moving Vehicle (SMV) sign was designed in the Agricultural Engineering program at Ohio State in 1962.
- Ohio farmers have donated 350,000 meals of pork in the past year and a half
- Agriculture generates $98 billion per year, and is Ohio’s leading industry
- 1 out of 7 Ohioans are employed by Ag
- 1,100 processing facilities employee more than 60,ooo workers