March 2016 marks the 6th anniversary of this blog. It all started off asking myself why I am Agriculture Proud. I wrote a brief article for Working Ranch Magazine with my perspective, received an overwhelming response from readers, and the rest, as they say, is history. Agriculture, It’s more than part of life. It’s a passion, a lifestyle, a resilient community…
Over the years, I’ve featured a number of people and perspectives on the blog and hosted a few different series on the blog highlighting different parts of my experience working in the cattle and ranching business. Thank you so much for following along and sharing those stories!
In March 2016, to coincide with my blog’s anniversary and National Agriculture Day (March 15), I want to feature you (my readers!) and your stories!
Here’s how it works!
- Take a few moments to answer five questions in this survey and share why you are proud to be part of agriculture. Try to avoid common phrases such as “feeding the world” and reflect on why your passion involves food and agriculture. What gets you excited about being here?
- You don’t have to be a farmer or rancher to participate. Anyone in the food chain from seed salesman, processor, mechanic and consumer is invited to participate!
- Email me a photo (or two) of yourself and something that describes why you are proud to be part of agriculture. Send those photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All month, keep an eye out for the posts featuring members of the Agriculture community and hear why others are #AgricultureProud! Follow along on these social networks and subscribe to my weekly blog email updates.
- Facebook Page: I am Agriculture Proud
- Facebook Group: I am Agriculture Proud
- Twitter: @AgProudRyan
- Instagram: @AgProudRyan
- Periscope: @AgProudRyan
- Hashtag: #AgricultureProud